£35.00 - £50 per hour
Maths and Computer Science
GCSE and A Level
A bit about me:
I am currently an academic tutor, a therapeutic tutor for special needs, and an artist. I previously worked in software engineering after studying my integrated master`s in computer science and mathematics at the University of Sheffield in which I achieved a 2:1. I have achieved excellent (A, A*) grades in my academic subjects at GCSE and A levels.
I have been tutoring for 8 years now since the age of 17. Having taught in many different environments to many students of a range of ages and abilities, I have great experience in adapting my teaching style to most benefit my students` learning. I am an approachable teacher who loves to teach and inspire students to learn and achieve their goals. For exam preparation, I have particular techniques that have worked excellently for all my students. They have improved their skills, grade, and their confidence in the subject!
For examinations, I can assist with 7+, 11+, 13+, SATs, GCSE, IGCSE, A-Levels, and I will follow the exam board specification that the student is taking (i.e. OCR, AQA, Edexcel).
Subjects and level: Maths and Computer Science from primary to A levels.
- I make sure my students understand the foundations of the subject well such that they can transition into learning the advanced content with confidence. Alongside this my teaching approaches come from a well-thought-out psychological perspective; such that the students feel motivated, not let down by mistakes, enjoy learning, learns how to use their strengths, and how to identify their weaknesses.
- I will also prepare my students for sitting exams and applying exam techniques so that they feel mentally ready to sit their exam(s) and in turn are able to achieve the best grade.
- I will be available to the student outside the tutoring session time for any subject related questions they may have.
Availability: Weekends and weekdays online only
- I have worked as a private tutor in Leicester, Sheffield, Nottingham, London, and Taiwan over the last 8 years. I have had over 80+ students who have all achieved their desired grades. I have taught maths, English, and computer science.
- I`ve worked at English Camps across Taiwan for 3 months, where I organized activities and taught English to groups of 15-20 students. I also lived with homestay families and experienced Taiwanese culture.
- During my time at University I led a volunteering learning activities project for a year. I arranged and led monthly activities for children aged 8-12.
- I have worked as a teaching assistant at King Ecgbert School in Sheffield where I lead year 7, 9, and 11 maths classes. I also taught Cryptography lessons and taught lessons in small groups around class time.
- For two years I was a tutor at a First Class Learning tutoring company in Leicester where I taught English and maths from primary to secondary level including GCSEs in groups of 5.
A recent review:
"Annie was a fantastic tutor. She made sure I felt confident with the topic she was teaching me, which was so efficient and helped me a lot. In the sessions, Annie helped me to understand the basics in more detail, which made things so much easier for me. Running over the easier stuff definitely made a difference as I saw my test results increase over time. Annie is a very supportive tutor who makes her students feel assured enough to say if they don’t understand something or have a go answering a question. I would definitely recommend Annie to someone who is struggling with maths, as she helped me with my optimism towards the subject along with my knowledge on how to work things out." - Charlie